Wednesday, February 25, 2009

the look of the Oscars.


So, clearly anyone who knows me knows that I love movies. Like, a lot. How some people feel about music -"wow, that song really moves me...." is how I feel about the film industry. I like pretty much all genres, and can be perfectly content staying in some nights enthralled in a great movie.
Needless to say, i LOVE watching the Oscars. Not only for the tribute to some of the greatest actors and directors in the industry, but also of course to see what everyone is wearing. I watched the entire red carpet show and have to say, that Taraji P. Henson won my vote for best dressed this year. I think she looked absolutely stunning, and rocked that dress.
It's nice to see that some people still respect the formal wear and timelessness of the evening. (Nothing makes me angrier than actors arriving in jeans /hats/ tennis shoes to these events!) And even though she didn't take home an Oscar, she looked fabulous!
Another mention must be made of my FAVORITE movie of the year - Slumdog Millionaire. If you have not seen this film, see to it immediately. It is so refreshing and moving - you will leave the theatre feeling like a different person!

No comments: