Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Austin in 48 hours.



So this weekend I had a mini-vacay and jetted down to Austin to spend it with Vanessa for her 24th birthday! We have gone pretty much every year (since I have known her..going on 16 yrs.) together for each other's birthdays, and I wasn't about to break the tradition now. Ann-Maree and Sara were nice enough to drive down and participate in the festivities as well. Such a good time. When I landed it was 75 degrees and sunny - exactly what I needed in this frigid New York winter. We proceeded to drink too many beers and go country dancing at Midnight Rodeo...yes, I said it. I am NOT one for dance halls, but of course had a wonderful time catching up with all of my friends. It was really great to see everyone and take in some southern hospitality at the same time.

Saturday night we had dinner at Vivo's downtown ( I recommend it highly) and then headed downtown to barhop and celebrate. Which of course we did in excess. Sunday morning was followed by hamburgers and fried mushrooms and a little bit of relaxing.

A very quick trip - but one that was needed and well worth it. Good friends and good times.

Until we meet again Tejas..

1 comment:

lowleeta said...

sounds like so much fun! im sure vk was SOOOO happy that you made it down for her birthday. you're such a great friend al.

and now you're back in the city and i need some al pal gal and lo blo shmo time!