Monday, January 12, 2009

Caution: January Blues.

It's that time of year. The lights are down, the Rockefeller tree is long gone. The holiday season is officially over. I, for one, am glad the waters have calmed, yet there is still something looming about the month of January that I just can't shake. Maybe it's the 25 degree weather that sends a chill down my spine every morning. Maybe it's the surprisingly slow work load. Whatever the reason, I refuse to let the January blues get the best of me!

While there are few activities to do outside during the next few months - I hope the creativity of my friends will continue to surprise me. Take for instance, an invite I received for Saturday night - a " Saved by the Bell" themed party. Now that is thinking outside the box. The whole apartment had magically turned into 'The Max.' I saw magically, because I grew up watching the show, and have probably seen every episode AT LEAST 5 times. Costumes were worn and cocktails were had. Yes, there was even a drunken patron in a Bayside Tigers costume. Now that is what I call beating the January blues. So get creative and refuse to let the winter months put a lull on your social calendar.

Only 3 more months until Spring.

1 comment:

lowleeta said...

oh i am so bummed i missed the saved by the bell party! i hope you guys had an amazing time! i hope that yall took lots of pictures! hope you're keeping warm... heard its frightfully cold... ahhhh i am scared. i have been in texas for so long now and i dont know if im ready to face the cold. i need earmuffs before i return.

miss you al pal gal. it feels like its been foreverrrrr