Tuesday, October 21, 2008

the power of change.

While skimming the news yestedray, I found this amazing picture taken at an Obama rally in St. Louis, Mo. on Sunday. Over 100,000 people showed up to support the presidential hopeful - the largest crowd for an Obama event in the U.S. Politics is a topic that can be argued until you are blue in the face, but I think this photo captures such a surreal moment, especially during such an exciting and monumental election.

100,000 people. Wow. I am from a town in South Texas with a 100,000 total population. Seeing this photo just solidified why I find Barrack Obama to be so inspriing - he ignites a sense of hope throughout Americans. A sense of change, that even with the sprialing economy, more troops being deployed to Iraq, and a failing energy plan, there is still something to be hopeful for - a man who genuienly wants to help.

Although I could go on and on about why I am voting for who I am, I think it's most seen through this photo. Clearly, I am not the only one who feels this way.

vote : November 4th.

-allison

No comments: